Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski
Community College of Baltimore County President Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis
Baltimore County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Darryl Williams
Silver Sponsor: Community College of Baltimore County
Foundation Sponsor: Greenleigh at Crossroads
Media Sponsor: The Avenue News
If you are a business leader or educator, don't miss this special Zoom program highlighting partnerships between businesses and our local schools.
• Qualified and dedicated employees.
• Knowledge of industry specific training programs for the trades, automotive, medical, financial, etc.
• Visibility and publicity for their businesses
• New customers
• Programs which address their interest in serving the community
• During virtual learning: online guest speakers, volunteers for online mock and informational interviews.
• When students return to classrooms:
o Sponsors for field trips, refreshments, events, and incentive programs.
o Volunteers to participate in mock and informational interviews and speak to classes.
o Donations of products and services for school projects, incentive rewards and refreshments.
o Real world experiences for students.
This unique program will give you a chance to network, learn about current issues and opportunities, hear partnership case studies and best practices, and form win-win relationships which will help you meet your organization’s goals.
We are excited to announce that the program will begin with welcomes from BCPS Superintendent Dr. Darryl Williams and CCBC President Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis, followed by a keynote address from County Executive Johnny Olszewski. In addition to these three dignitaries, we have a variety of top local leaders from business, education and government presenting in our breakout sessions. Attendees will select three sessions in which to participate from the six sessions below:
Apprenticeships & Internships
• Overview of current programs available
• Best practices for apprenticeships and internships
• Case studies
Jobs of the Future: Environmental Sustainability
• Green job opportunities
• Local business examples
• Partnering with schools: K-12
Jobs of the Future: Health Careers
• Projected growth in healthcare occupations
• Meeting the need through education
• MedStar’s partnerships with local schools and colleges
Championing Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
• Ensuring equal opportunities for all individuals in the workplace and classroom
• Incorporating community and family into our classrooms, through guest speakers, career days, field trips, etc.
• Building trust and relationships through creative opportunity development, specialized training, and empowerment
• Encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit
• Mentoring future business owners
• Business Plan Competition, a Shark Tank type event
• Student success story
Rallying Champions in Our Community
• Establishing & growing strong partnerships
• Increasing effective use of partner resources
• Connecting with partners during the pandemic & beyond
Tickets are $15 for Chamber members and $20 for non-members. Please register no later than October 14, so we have time to assign the breakout rooms. Login information will be emailed to participants by October 19. Click here to register - https://apassionforpartnerships-10-21-20.eventbrite.com
Note: We will be recording this program. If you are unable to participate the day of the event but want to hear what was presented, please register anyway. We will send the link to the program to all registrants following the event.